Tuesday, March 29, 2011

1st Official Trip Together

Well, it is official. John, Allen and I took our very first official trip together. This past weekend we traveled to Whitefish, MT. It started out as a very bumpy ride....John didn't make it home until 10am when we were supposed to be on the road at 9am. If any of you know me at all, I am a super organized, planned to the last second type of person. I had our road trip planned weeks in advance. I knew the timing down by heart. Anyone who knows John, knows that he throws a wrench into my plans every time lol! I should know better after 2 1/2 years, but habits are hard to break. I guess I am trying to break his habits before mine.

After the last minute packing, showering and hair cut that John had to do we finally got on the road by 12:15pm.  As expected, John zonked out minutes after getting in the car. Well to be honest he started falling asleep during his hair cut. So I put on my Ipod full of great traveling music and off we went. Allen is an amazing traveler. Even his pee breaks are getting further and further apart lol!! We had fantastic weather for traveling.

We made it to Whitefish around 5:30pm. It was 8 degrees. So beautiful out!! I was so happy to have the sun shining even when we pulled into the hotel. We checked in and then toured to Kalispell to do a little shopping. We decided to dine at the hotel cause their menu looked interesting. We were right about that. I had a mushroom lasagna that was to die for. It had a beautiful creamy sauce and the most amazing flavors. I wish I would have taken a picture, but I was in too much of a rush to eat it. Allen's chicken fried steak took up his whole plate. I have never seen meals so large. John's steak looked fantastic as well.

We stuffed ourselves so full that we were totally ready for an early bedtime. The next day consisted of our timeshare meeting. Which John went in with the mentality of NOT buying...after the meeting he had planned on buying 2 weeks!! (Guys are so weak!!) I then enjoyed a half hour hot stone massage, and John a half hour massage. Very relaxing, and just what the chiropractors ordered!! Then we spent the rest of the day touring around Whitefish and Kalispell. What wonderful places. Though I have to say, I will not be complaining about the roads in Medicine Hat anymore. Our roads are perfect compared to theirs. We drove to this BBQ place for supper. It was called Piggy Back BBQ. Wow!! What a beautiful smoky flavor. We definitely don't have anything like that in Canada!! I do have a pic of that meal lol!!

Saturday was the ski day for the boys. They left at 8:15am, leaving me to fend for myself for the morning. They were gone until 4:30 that afternoon. They had an amazing time, even though their first run ended up being on a black diamond run....and they are still both beginner skiers. My day was utter bliss.....3 1/2 hours of me time. I went to the spa and got the full meal deal. Body wrap, 1 hour massage, facial, foot treatment and hand treatment. I was like goo when I was finished. I didn't want to leave. I am still mourning the loss of my solitude lol!!

All in all it was an amazing trip. I am so glad our first vacation as a family went over so well. I was a little worried that it wouldn't and we would never travel again. So now I am planning our next trip, though the next one is adult only. Sorry Allen!!

No comments: